Right now, video is the most engaging Facebook format. Uploading 60-90 second, funny, evergreen videos with captions and short text introductions is one of the most successful tactics to slow down scrolling on the app, at least according to Buzzsumo. A good video usually stops consumers for about 23 seconds – enough to grab their attention, at least. Video is also preferred on mobile Twitter.
Ignoring the social media benefits of online video assets, YouTube is the second largest search engine, and it’s owned by Google! It’s important to rank well in it organically.
And that’s not to mention that according to Hubspot, most users would rather see videos than emails, images, blog posts, or other types of content.
So it’s clear that most potential clients need to watch online videos. How would we make them?
While patterns are disclosing to us that organizations clearly require more video promoting, professional online video generation is costly, lumbering, and regularly hard to pull together for most brands that aren’t as of now big-time video content generators.
It’s difficult however not impossible
Here are some online video-producer apparatuses we’ve accumulated from over the Web that can help take care of business!
Video Brainstorming Tools
1. Keywordtool.io (Freemium): A nice tool to run any time you are brainstorming video topics and pick up some related keywords to optimize your Youtube page later when you publish the video. You can pick “Youtube” in the drop down for it to look into video-specific keywords. You can set a target word to see the keyword group around it or specify negative terms to filter those out.
Video-Creating Mobile Apps
These video-making apps don’t even require a desktop computer: You can take videos with your phone and edit them with these apps.
2. Boomerang (Free): Create looping video for Facebook advertisements.
3. Legend (Free): This is the ultimate typography app for putting text in motion, and it looks really nice for square social video.
4. KineMaster (Free with a watermark that requires a subscription to remove; $4.99/month or $39.99/year to remove watermark and in order to download videos): This totally mobile video editing software will allow you to add in audio and effects! You can use cutting, trimming, volume control, chroma-key, and 3D transitions.
5. Videoshop ($1.99): Format videos into square, social-worthy clips for Facebook.
6. Hyperlapse (Free): Create time-lapse videos for Instagram.
7. VidLab (Free): Add effects and sounds to the video you take on your phone.
8. Giphy (Free): Take a video and make a looping GIF. It’s easy to use to create content for tweets, Tumblr, and Facebook!
9. Clipomatic ($6.99): Turn what you say into live captions! It’s important for all videos made for Facebook to have text captions.
10. iMovie (Free): If you have a Mac product or iPhone product, you likely already have this app, which has many editing capillaries and can be used both for mobile and desktop.
Tools for Creating Thumbnails and Pictures
Let’s say you have shot an excellent scene and are ready to put it up on YouTube. You need an eye-grabbing thumbnail, and you may also need to create, crop, or design images to be used in your video. These are free tools that let you do that:
11. Snapseed (Free): Google’s photo editing app is great for editing thumbnails and creates cool graphics and transitions.
12. Canva (Free): The ultimate tool for creating graphics, this free utility has been a favorite of marketers for years.
13. Pixlr (Free): It’s a robust free photo online editor.
14. PicMonkey (Free): This online photo editor is known for better selfies.
15. GIMP (Free): Download this program and you’re basically getting free Photoshop!
16. Sumopaint (Free): This free online editor is better for drawing your own graphics.
Pro Tip: Don’t forget that you can also create large pictures and make them pan and move later with most video editing software, a tactic called the Ken Burns effect.
Screen-Capture and Video-Grabbing Tools
There are other ways to generate video besides shooting the film yourself or creating an animation:
17. HYFY (Free): Use this screen-capture app to create video of your desktop; it’s great for tutorials of your software or products!
18. KeepVid (Free): Download videos directly from YouTube with this tool. (Remember to keep in mind copyright constraints, however.)
Tools for YouTube Analytics
19. Tube Buddy (Free for the browser extension; $9/month for more tools; $19/month for bulk processing tools; $39/month for advanced tools): This app comes highly recommended by Jim! It can allow you to schedule publication of videos and filter comments, and it suggests tags. It has dozens of data and promotion tools It will also allow you to create end screen cards, add emojis, create thumbnails, create captions, and more!
20. Tubular (contact for pricing): This data-collection app also has a wide network of content creators.
- DealMaker: Find contacts for sponsored videos!
- Intelligence: Use this for research, coming up with ideas, and seeing what sorts of videos people want to see.
And lastly, one of the most useful apps is made by YouTube itself: the YouTube Creator Studio app! Here’s a quick rundown:
- Dashboard: Check for notifications and alerts from YouTube, including the latest updates and stats for your review.
- Video Manager: Organize and update your videos from one place or dig into a particular video to adjust settings individually. Use tools to optimize a video, tweak its settings, or bulk-update changes across videos with a single click.
- Community: Communicate and collaborate with your fans and fellow creators. Review and respond to comments, read private messages, see videos where you’ve been credited, or review a list of subscribers (if your channel has at least 1,000 subscribers).
- Channel: Adjust settings that affect your channel overall, such as signing up for monetization, controlling your upload defaults, or enabling live streaming.
- Analytics: Review your channel’s performance and get info on how your channel is growing. Find reports and data to help you evaluate your channel and video performance, including views, subscribers, watch time, revenue for partners, and more.
- Audio: Access the Audio Library to add sound effects or unique music.
And there are many more online video creation tools out there – this is just a sampling! But at least now it looks like creating videos for companies for marketing purposes isn’t impossible after all.